Here we go with more beauty faves for that summer heat! Make sure to check out Part 1 of my Summer 2017 Beauty Faves from last month if you missed it! … (click Continue Reading button below)
- MAKEUP: Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette – $54: This is THE newest and hottest summer shadow palette there is! I am all about warm tones all year long but this has me feeling like I want to jet off to Miami for a long weekend of sipping mojitos on Ocean Drive. Just looking at the colors all beautifully lined up in the pan makes me happy! I actually hesitated buying this because I have had severe allergic reactions to red-based eye pigments in the past. Having gone to several doctors to help me try to narrow it down to a specific ingredient has proved worthless. Their solution… “just don’t wear makeup”. Ummmm…. yea. NOT an option for me. So each time I get new shadows I need to proceed with caution. I will be very slowly working my way through this palette one shadow at a time even at the risk of horrendously swollen eyes. Yup. These colors are THAT pretty! NOTE: I plan to give an update on which of the shades caused a bad reaction, if any, just in case any of you out there suffer from the same allergy.
- MAKEUP: Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in “2 – Beige Mousseline” – $26: This is my first time trying this waterproof paint pot shadow and not only do I love the formulation but I am hooked on this warm nude shade. It really does help give you that “no makeup makeup” look that is ideal in the heat of the summer. You can even use this shade as a nice base and add a pop of shimmer to center of your lid to amp it up.
- MAKEUP: Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Color Paint Shadow in “I-50 Iridescent Warm Beige” – $25: I love these waterproof shadows for beach vacays when you will be spending lots of time in the water or maybe just sweating it up around town.
- MAKEUP: Milk Makeup Eye Pigment in Gig – $24: While this cream shadow is not waterproof, it does claim to be crease resistant so it still is a good option for the warmer summer weather. For a sheerer barely there look, just apply a small amount with your fingertip and blend. The color “Gig” is a medium bronze shade.
- MAKEUP: Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in “Buff – Beige Pink” – $28: I love this sheer gloss for summer! Of the 3 colors I bought, this one was my favorite! It reminds me of a sheerer version of MAC’s Ample Pink Lipglass and maybe closer to Clinique’s Tenderheart gloss.
- MAKEUP: Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in “Nude – Medium Brown Pink” – $28: This sheer shade had the most color of the 3 colors I tried. It was more of a plum brown pink. This looks very pretty alone or even layered over a lighter lipstick like MAC’s Angel.
- MAKEUP: Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in “Almost Pink- Sheer Pink” – $28: This ultra sheer shade of gloss barely gives any hint of color. I actually prefer this color on top of another lipgloss or lipstick shade that is a little darker to help lighten it up giving it a sheerer finish.
- SKIN: Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – $65-$80: I have reviewed this product before but I love it so much that I had to add it to my summer faves list. When I do morning runs, this is the only product I put on. It is the best SPF product I have tried because it isn’t white and hard to rub in and also does not irritate my eyes like many SPF lotions do. As the cherry on top, it helps blur pores and imperfections for smoother looking skin that is being protected as it beautifies!
- MAKEUP: Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara – $17.50: Waterproof mascara isn’t in my daily rotation until summer comes along. All the pool/beach time calls for a mascara that will stay put once the water starts splashing because no one wants raccoon eyes! I tested out so many cry-proof waterproof mascaras leading up to my wedding and this was my favorite! It added high impact volume and color and reallllly stayed put! Just be gentle when removing the mascara with makeup remover.
- SKIN: CosRx Acne Pimple Master Patch – $4.73: My friend came across this awesome Korean beauty secret that she was so sweet to share with me. These clear sticky round patches of varying sizes are super easy to use – just cover the pimple and leave it on for 24 hours or until the bump starts reducing if you don’t want to go outside with them on. The most rewarding part is that you start to see the bacteria that was pulled out forming in the middle of the clear patch. I love seeing products actually working! The cheapest I found them was on Amazon for $4.73 but Urban Outfitters also carries the patches (1 sheet of 24 patches) for $6.