It’s time to prep yourself for spring with some new beauty products! While it is generally good practice to do your spring cleaning BEFORE restocking, it’s easier said than done. No cleaning out for me yet. Instead, I’ve added a few new exciting gems to my beauty collection this month that I can’t wait to share! Here are this month’s beauty obsessions (click the underlined product names in the post to buy):
- MAKEUP: Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Lipstick in “02 Beige Indécent” – $34: Wow! This has to be my favorite new find this month! These new vinyl lipsticks are sheer with a high-shine finish and the colors are beautiful! I absolutely love this nude color paired with MAC Boldly Bare liner and brown smoky eyes! This has to be one of my favorite nudes of all time! Well done, Givenchy! 👏🏼
- MAKEUP: Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Lipstick in “16 Noir Révélateur” – $34: After seeing an IG post advertising these new vinyl lipsticks, I was obsessed with finding the color used on the model. Some of the comments had varying opinions but I’m fairly certain that fab color everyone loved is #16! Don’t be deterred by the fact that it is black in the tube… because when you glide it on, it turns a beautiful sheer natural shade of plum rose. The best part is that is looks different on everyone depending on the undertone of your lips. On me, it appears as a pretty berry stain that is sheer enough to almost make it appear as though it’s close to your natural lip color, but an enhanced version.
- MAKEUP: Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow in “Grandstand” – $10: First of all, let me say how much I love the quality and price of all the Makeup Geek shadows!👌🏼 If you haven’t ventured outside the Sephora makeup realm at all, I would highly recommend you start here.
- MAKEUP: ColourPop Super Shock Cream Eyeshadow in “Girly”– $5: ColourPop Cosmetics is another brand I’m obsessed with that I wish Sephora carried! These cream shadows are the best formulation I have discovered yet! They are super duper pigmented and offer the most beautiful eye-popping shades. They do not crease either as they have a powder finish! And you cannot beat the price! I can’t stress how much I love these cream shadows! I love using “Girly” on the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bone for a nice highlight.
- MAKEUP: Z Palette Magnetic Eyeshadow Palettes – $14-$28: These fab magnetic trays come in varying sizes and work well to carry your eyeshadow pans from all different brands like Makeup Geek, MAC and Anastasia Beverly Hills. The pans also come with magnetic stickers that you can apply to shadows pans you de-pot that are not magnetized. I find these so convenient especially for travel! Seriously, I have not found a better way to collect my eyeshadows than in these palettes. It totally saves you from digging through your endless makeup bag looking for that elusive color. Any product that allows me to consolidate my bag, I’m all for! I have a couple of the large palettes that I use on a daily basis at home and then a few smaller ones that I use for travel.
- NAILS: Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Set – $24-$45: This set of Gel-like base coat and top coat polishes are just what I was looking for after one too many times spent wincing at the nail salon when the nail tech filed off my gel polish. Not only was that like nails on a chalkboard to me, but it seemed to take off a new layer of my actual nails every time. It got to the point that my natural nails were so thin and I couldn’t stomach another round of gel polish removal. When I sought out an alternative that could be removed with regular acetone and not the dreaded nail file, I found a couple exciting options and this Deborah Lippmann was one of them. It claims that it is the “new healthy alternative to gel manicures with no lamps, no tools & no damage to nails”. Perfect! I found that it does give an added thickness to nails like regular gel polish does and has that nice shine also. I also noticed it dries fairly quickly, especially for a polish that gives you a thicker texture.
- NAILS: Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in “Sea of Love” – $20: This is one the colors I picked up to go with my Gel Lab base and top coat set listed above. It’s a beautiful grayish blue with a teeny hint of lavender… a great spring color! The only thing I wish they could change is that the brush bristles are a little too wide for my taste. I personally like a bit more control when doing my own nails. It gets the job done though. I also bought “Beachin'” which is a pretty mauvey nude color.
- NAILS: Dior Gel Coat – $27: Another one of the gel nail polish alternatives I found that I am hopeful will give my nails that much needed break from the torturous nail file. This top coat adds the shine and thickness of regular gel polish but can be applied over regular polish without any tools or lamps. It is also removable with regular nail polish remover. With this top coat, you need to wait until your color is completely dried before applying one coat of this good stuff.
- NAILS: Dior Nail Polish in “Incognito 257” – $27: I bought this one to go with my new Dior Gel Top Coat… wow!!! What a gorgeous color! Another perfect wedding nail color! It’s a beautiful light pinky nude that would look good on any skin tone. Check out my previous post here for one of my other wedding nail polish faves!
- HAIR: Bumble & Bumble Full Potential Hair Preserving Shampoo – $38: This is one of my restock items this month. I’ve been using this shampoo recently to help prevent breakage to my color-treated hair.